Wisconsin Senate, District 26
State Senate District
|Current senator||Kelda Roys (D–Madison)|
The 26th District of the Wisconsin Senate is located in southern Wisconsin, and is currently composed of part of the metro Madison, Wisconsin, area, in Dane County. The district includes the campus of the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Current elected officials
Kelda Roys is the senator serving the 26th district. She was elected in the 2020 general election. Before serving as a senator, she served two terms in the Wisconsin State Assembly from 2009 to 2013.
- The 76th (represented by Francesca Hong)
- The 77th (represented by Shelia Stubbs)
- The 78th (represented by Lisa Subeck)
Previous senators include:
- Horace W. Wilkie, 1957–1962
- Gaylord Nelson
- Fred J. Risser, 1936-1948
- Harold Groves, 1932-1936
- Chauncey B. Welton, 1897-1901
- John Adams, 1882-1883
- Romanzo E. Davis, 1870-1877
- James Kerr Proudfit 1866-1867
- Thomas Hood, 1864-1865
- Andrew Proudfit, 1858-1859
- Hiram C. Bull, 1857-1858
Note: the boundaries of districts have changed repeatedly over history. Previous politicians of a specific numbered district have represented a completely different geographic area, due to redistricting.
- Wisconsin Blue Book, 2011-12 edition, page 70. ISBN 978-0-9752820-1-4.
- Kelda Roys prevails in seven-way Democratic contest for Madison Senate seat, by Briana Reilly, The Capital Times, August 11, 2020, retrieved August 13, 2020
- Wisconsin Blue Book, 2013-14 edition, page 70. ISBN 978-0-9752820-1-4.
- Wisconsin Blue Book, 2013-14 edition, page 17. ISBN 978-0-9752820-1-4.
- Wisconsin Blue Book, 1991-92 edition, Statistics: History, pages 657-666.
|This Wisconsin-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|