|Elevation||4,144 ft (1,263 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1136925|
|Coordinates and elevation from Geographic Names Information System|
Worden is an unincorporated community in Klamath County, Oregon, United States. It is about 14 miles (23 km) south of Klamath Falls and 3 miles (5 km) north of the Oregon–California border on U.S. Route 97.
The townsite of Worden was purchased and laid out by William S. Worden, a member of a family of early Klamath County settlers. William Worden was a right-of-way agent for the Southern Pacific Railroad (SP) during the time SP predecessor Oregon Eastern Railway was building a railroad into Klamath Falls. He was later elected Klamath County judge. Worden station near Dallas in Polk County on the SP Falls City Line may have also been named for William Worden. Worden post office was established in 1910.
As of 1990, Worden had a 24-hour café and truck stop.
- "Worden". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. November 28, 1980. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 70. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. pp. 1058–59. ISBN 978-0875952772.
- Writers' Program of the Work Projects Administration in the State of Oregon (1940). Oregon: End of the Trail. American Guide Series. Portland, Oregon: Binfords & Mort. p. 400. OCLC 4874569.
- Friedman, Ralph (1990). In Search of Western Oregon (2nd ed.). Caldwell, Idaho: The Caxton Printers, Ltd. p. 757. ISBN 0-87004-332-3.
|This Klamath County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|