|Wyndham Worldwide Corporation (2006–2018)|
|Founded||July 8, 2006|
|Headquarters||Orlando, Florida, U.S.|
|Michael D. Brown (President & CEO), Michael Hug (CFO), Noah Brodsky (Chief Brand Officer), Brad Dettmer (CIO)|
|Products||vacation rentals, resorts, Rental Exchange|
|Revenue||US$5.07 billion (2017)|
|US$712 million (2017)|
|US$871 million (2017)|
|Total assets||US$10.4 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$878 million (2017)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Wyndham Destinations (formerly Wyndham Worldwide Corporation) is an American timeshare company. Wyndham Destinations, headquartered in Orlando, Florida, operates several hotel brands around the world. It is the holding company for RCI and other lodging brands. It was spun off from Cendant Corporation in July 2006. On June 1, 2018, Wyndham Worldwide spun-off Wyndham Hotels and Resorts as its own company, and renamed their organization to Wyndham Destinations.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership
Wyndham Vacation Ownership, headquartered in Orlando, Florida, is the largest vacation ownership program in the world. It includes a network of 213 properties, 25,000 individual units, and over 925,000 property owners. Locations are in North America, the Caribbean, and the South Pacific. Wyndham Vacation Ownership includes marketing and sales of vacation ownership interests, consumer financing in conjunction with the purchase of vacation ownership interests, property management services to property owners' associations, and development and acquisition of vacation ownership resorts.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership brands
Wyndham Destination Network
Wyndham Exchange and Rentals officially changed its name to Wyndham Destination Network on January 1, 2016, and operates over 110,000 vacation properties worldwide in more than 100 countries. On May 9, 2018 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation completed an agreement to sell its European vacation rental business, which included cottages.com, hoseasons, James Villa Holidays, Landal GreenParks, Novasol & several others to Platinum Equity for around $1.3 billion
Wyndham Destination Network brands
- The Registry Collection
- Blue Chip Holidays
- Club Wyndham Plus
- Wyndham Club Brasil
- Club Wyndham Asia
- Margaritaville Vacation Club
- Shell Vacation Club
- WorldMark by Wyndham
- WorldMark South Pacific
- dae (dial an exchange)
- Love Home Swap
- Armed Forces vacation club
- Oceana Restorts
- ResortQuest Whistler
- Kaiser Realty
- Hatteras Realty
- Smoky Mountain Property Management
- Vacation Palm Springs
- Corolla Classic Vacations
- Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Wyndham has been the focus of several investigations regarding their sales practices. Most recently in Pennsylvania . The Real Estate Commission for Pennsylvania fined Wyndham and their broker at their Shawnee-on-Delaware location, Craig Roberts, a total of $15,000. Eight months earlier, Wyndham settled similar allegations in Wisconsin paying $655,000 in restitution to 29 consumers. A San Francisco jury awarded $20 million to Trish Williams, a former Wyndham timeshare sales representative, who was wrongfully terminated for reporting timeshare fraud on the elderly.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2019)
- "Wyndham Worldwide Completes Spin-off of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts; Becomes Wyndham Destinations." CNBC. Retrieved on June 20, 2018.
- "Wyndham Destinations 2017 Annual Report (Form 10-K)". Wyndham Destinations. February 2018.
- "Wyndham Destinations". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- "Wyndham Worldwide Corporation". Google Finance. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: At a Glance". Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Contact Us." Wyndham Destinations. Retrieved on August 3, 2009.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: Company Profile". Wyndham Destinations. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Wyndham Worldwide Completes Spin-Off Of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts; Becomes Wyndham Destinations" (Press release). June 1, 2018. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- "Wyndham Timeshares". VacationOwnership.com. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: Wyndham Vacation Ownership". Wyndham Destinations. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Wyndham ® Extra Holidays".
- "Wyndham Exchange and Rentals". Wyndham Destinations. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Corporation, Wyndham Worldwide. "Wyndham Worldwide Announces Completion of its Sale of its European Vacation Rentals Business". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wyndham Worldwide.|
- Business data for Wyndham Destinations: