Wythall railway station
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Managed by||West Midlands Trains|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|PTE||Transport for West Midlands|
|Key dates||Opened 1908|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Wythall from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Although situated just outside the West Midlands county, the station lies within the area supported by Transport for West Midlands given its proximity to Tidbury Green, and therefore TfWM-issued tickets for train travel are valid for travel to the station. TfWM-issued bus tickets are not valid. London Midland closed the ticket office in 2011.
The station opened as Grimes Hill Platform on 1 July 1908. It then became Grimes Hill & Wythall Halt on 12 July 1914; Grimes Hill and Wythall Platform on 11 July 1927; the suffix was dropped on 9 July 1934 and it finally became Wythall on 6 May 1974.
The station is served by hourly trains in each direction between Birmingham Snow Hill and Stratford-upon-Avon, most Birmingham services continue through to Stourbridge Junction. There is also an hourly Sunday service in each direction, to Worcester Foregate Street & Stratford.
- "Proposed changes to ticket office opening hours". Archived from the original on 11 August 2011. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
- Slater, J.N., ed. (July 1974). "Notes and News: Stations renamed by LMR". Railway Magazine. London: IPC Transport Press Ltd. 120 (879): 363. ISSN 0033-8923.
- Table 71 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Train times and station information for Wythall railway station from National Rail
- Rail Around Birmingham and the West Midlands: Wythall station
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Whitlocks End||West Midlands Railway
North Warwickshire Line