|Born: December 12, 2001|
Port Orange, Florida
Zachary Richard Veen (born December 12, 2001) is an American professional baseball outfielder in the Colorado Rockies organization. Veen was selected ninth overall by the Rockies in the 2020 MLB draft.
Veen attended Spruce Creek High School in Port Orange, Florida. As a junior in 2019, he was named The Daytona Beach News-Journal Baseball Player of the Year after hitting .414 with 36 stolen bases. He played in the 2019 Under Armour All-America Baseball Game and 2019 Perfect Game All-American Classic. In November 2019, he committed to play college baseball at the University of Florida.
Veen was considered one of the top prospects for the 2020 Major League Baseball draft. He selected ninth overall by the Colorado Rockies in the 2020 Major League Baseball draft. Veen signed with the Rockies on June 24 for a $5MM bonus.
- "2020 Prospect Watch: 100 Draft". MLB Prospect Watch. Retrieved December 4, 2019.
- "MLB Draft Tracker". MLB.com. Retrieved 2020-06-10.
- "Spruce Creek speedy CF Zac Veen named Baseball Player of the Year".
- "Veen gets down in the desert". Perfect Game.
- Collazo, Carlos. "5 Standout Prospects From The 2019 Under Armour All-America Workout". www.baseballamerica.com.
- Boyle, Chris. "Signing Day Roundup: Spruce Creek baseball star, MLB draft hopeful Zac Veen chooses Florida". Daytona Beach News-Journal Online.
- Boyle, Chris. "Scout's Take: Spruce Creek outfielder Zac Veen possesses "first-round talent"". Daytona Beach News-Journal Online.
- Collazo, Carlos. "Worth The Wait: Zac Veen's Star Turn Was Years In The Making". www.baseballamerica.com.
- "Top Draft Prospects". MLB.com.
- "Rockies select Zac Veen in first round of 2020 MLB Draft at No. 9 overall". June 11, 2020.
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball outfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|