Zona Universitària station
|TMB rapid transit station|
TRAM tram stop
Barcelona Metro line 3 station platforms.
|Location||Barcelona (Les Corts)|
|Fare zone||1 (ATM Àrea de Barcelona)|
Zona Universitària is a station in the Barcelona Metro and Trambaix networks, in the Les Corts district of Barcelona. It is currently the western terminus of metro line L3 and L9. Also it's served by tram lines T1, T2 and T3. It is named after the Universitat de Barcelona campus of the same name.
The metro station is located under Avinguda Diagonal, between Carrer González Tablas and Avinguda Dr. Marañón. It has fuve entrances, two on each side of Avinguda Diagonal, one in Avinguda Dr. Marañón, and two 94-metre (308 ft) long side platforms. The entrance lobby features an artwork by the sculptor Angel Orensanz. The Trambaix stop lies some 250 metres (820 ft) to the east, in Carrer d'Adolf Florensa.
The metro station opened in 1975, along with the other stations of the section of L3 between Zona Universitària and Sants Estació stations. This section was originally operated separately from L3, and known as L3b, until the two sections were joined in 1982. In February 2016, the south branch of the L9 it opened from Aeroport T1 to this station, as a provisional terminal until it continue to connect the other branch of the line.
It is planned that the station will be served by the common section of metro lines L9 and L10, and work is currently underway to build the L10 and the extension to the upper area of the city of these lines. In the longer term, an extension of line L3 beyond Zona Universitària is planned.
- "Accessible transport". Your transport. Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Zona Universitària (Line L3)" (in Catalan). trenscat.com. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- "Zona Universitària (Trambaix)" (in Catalan). trenscat.com. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- "Track map of the Barcelona Metro". cartometro.com. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- "Google Map". Google. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- "Artes, ciencias y letras, "Zona Universitaria" subway station, Barcelona, Spain". www.angelorensanz.com. Retrieved 2015-01-12.
- "L9 Sud stations". Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Rull: "El Govern continuarà les obres de l'L9 a la Zona Franca a partir del 15 de febrer"" (PDF) (in Catalan). Generalitat de Catalunya. Press release. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- Media related to Zona Universitària station at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a railway station in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Barcelona Metro article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|